George Bernard Shaw was an extremely inspirational writer and historical figure, because no matter how many times he failed at writing, he kept trying until he found success. He stayed with his passion until he died in 1950 at the age of 94 – when he was working on yet another play.
Enjoy the best George Bernard Shaw Quotes
1. You see things; and you say “Why?” But I dream things that never were; and I say “Why not?”.
2. Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.
3. Do not do unto others as you would that they should do unto you. Their tastes may not be the same.
4. All my life affection has been showered upon me, and every forward step I have made has been taken in spite of it.
5. Any person under the age of thirty, who, having any knowledge of the existing social order, is not a revolutionist, is an inferio
6. The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
7. Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.
8. Money is the most important thing in the world. It represents health, strength, honor, generosity and beauty as conspicuously as the want of it represents illness, weakness, disgrace, meanness and ugliness.
9. I dread success. To have succeeded is to have finished one’s business on earth, like the male spider who is killed by the female the moment he has succeeded in courtship. I like a state of continual becoming, with a goal in front and not behind.
10. Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.
None of Us is as Smart as All of Us
If you pay attention to this statement, it seems to be such a simple fact of success, doesn’t it? .
None of us can be smarter than all of us because in all of us, the one who we think of as the smarter one is already included. Each person is an inclusion in the team and a single person cannot be smarter than the entire team he or she is a part of. Therefore, use this principle to achieve success.
How do you use this principle? We use this principle by not trying to achieve success alone. We use this principle by trying to create a team. We use this principle not to just create a team, but also to make the team feel that we value and consider them as strong individuals.
If you want to succeed, remind yourself that you may be smart, very smart but none of us is as smart as all of us.
A Passion for Perfection
Look around and you will find one common quality in successful people.
They have a passion for perfection. What is that passion for perfection? It is an attitude to make things better till you reach the level of perfection. Of course, the truth is that nobody is perfect – neither me nor you.
However, it does not mean that we shouldn’t have a passion for perfection. While we know that just the Creator is perfect and everybody else on Earth has imperfections, it should not stop us from having the ambition of trying to do things perfectly.
When we put in an effort to do things perfectly, it’s actually making improvements in what’s already been done, and hence, this is a sure principle of success. If you keep improving what you are doing, you keep getting more and more results, which take you up the ladder called success. Learn this secret of success and develop a passion for perfection.
Inspiration Words: Innovation Works
What is innovation? Innovation is nothing but doing something in a new way; thus, it is called innovation.
What does this success principle mean? It means that whatever you are trying to achieve success in, try something new. Try doing it in an innovative way. Don’t keep doing what has been done. It won’t work! The world salutes anything that is new and accepts it as successful.
The human psychology appreciates something new. It’s taking the same ingredients, but cooking it in a new way; it’s taking the same words, but presenting it in a new way. It is up to us to create innovation in our field of endeavor because whenever there is innovation, success follows!