Study is the acquisition of knowledge, skill and experience which results to a change in behavior, A lot of students do not plan at all in the way performance at the end of the academic session.
One of the mist observable academic problems of students is lack of effective study habit
How to study
Study involves acquisition, retention and production of new experiences. Once studenties by receiving instruction from teachers/Lectures
1. By observation from masters/mistress
2.By personal reading/study by self
3.Being diligent, going through books each day even when one does not feel like studying
4. Trying to understand one’s work before studying it
5. Set Time aside to revise topics taught each day
Tips for Effective studying
1. Set goals that are achievable. Your goal is what you want to accomplished through studying, Example is to obtain basic Certificate like WASSC, NECO, GCE, B.SC ,HND etc
2. Be punctual to school daily .
3.Most importantly attend classes regularly, and Activity participated in the Teaching and Learning activities.
4. Take Note while Lessons are going on
5 . Do your assignment on time
6. Set time for Learning and Revisions
7. Developed positive attitude and Love for subject teacher’s
Effect of poor study Habit
1.Delay in reaching desired goal
4.Low self esteem
5.Lack of Concentration
6. Poor time management
7. Failure in Examination
Importantance of Good study Habit
1.it makes it easier for students to acquire abundance of knowledge to pass their Examination.
2.it help to be discipline.
3.it help students to achieve independence , reliability, self-confidence and freedom from ignorance and stupidity.
4. It also lays the foundation needed for coping with the volume of work in the secondary school/Tertiary institutions.
5. It prevents the students from spending more time on the subjects he/she likes at the expense of those he does not like.
6.it helps students to achieve their desired goal within a realistic time frame.